90 gal oscar/silver dollar question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, i wasn't thinking about this thread. An FM should be fine.

I would say a GT, FM, Con, and maybe a Blue Acara or a Tex? I dunno the best options i had were the original, the GT, FM pair, and the Syno. Its hard to do a variety of fish in a reliable way, and I'm only trying to give suggestions that will most likely work out ok. I have a grouping of fish in mine that will more than likely kill each other when they get older which is why I'm not getting too attached as i will be selling some of them. But, if it works out, i will keep them. But i wouldn't recommend groupings like mine as they need to be paid attention to so no serious injuries break out.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Hmm a texas cichlid might be something to look into , it wont get to large or anything ?

Well it will. Thats the problem. I dont think you have many options here sir. Green Tex are smaller, but more aggresive. They both grow very fast.

I got mine like a month or few back, they have now all grown an inch of more. Every single one eats the staple of Hikari Cichlid Gold Sinking Pellets, and when i first got the only the 2 biggest could eat a whole pellet. The smallest is almost 2 inches, which is an inch of growth, and the biggest has grown about 1.5 inches.

I think this will be a problem as the Tex grow at Oscar speed, and FM and GT are slow growers.

I would say you could do a GT and a small group of Red Headed Tapajos, and then a Rainbow or two. That should work i think?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It's possible but it would have to catch one first. Their quite hyper.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I guess I never considered that.I might have to try it out. When I get my 125 up and running.

Back
Top Bottom