90 gallon malawi build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobofishman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am starting a 90 gallon project I am building a 3d background and would like any tips people have .. I am using styrofoam and hydraulic water stop cement from quikrete... I started shaping my styrofoam today and I want to build caves and ledges in it.. So far looks good just not sure about the concrete leaching and how long will it do so? I here mixed reviews on how long some people are telling me 5-9 days and others are telling me a month . I plan on soaking the background for a week before even mounting it in the tank. Then fill it with water and watch my water perimeter for a week and see. Any suggestions ?????

Just got finished with my final coat now to let dry for the next 24-48 hr ... This can't dry fast enough ... I'm super impatient ...lol can't wait to see it in my tank...

image-1386447478.jpg

Thanks ... I'm really stoked how it came out since it is is the first one I ever did... I'll post pics once its in the tank.. I am going with black blasting sand so I think it will really set it off....

I'm using a fluval 405 and a bio wheel .. The bio wheel will hang on the back and my canister will be coming over the side because that's where it works the best for my tank

Where are you going to be placing your heater as I'm looking at 3d backgrounds myself ?thanks

I am using 2 150 watt fully submersible heaters and the will be on the sides by the background blocked by plants ..

Well it's up and running... No fish let the water peri otters level out so I can check everything in the morning... I checked my ph and it is through the roof right now .. It's running between 9.0-10.0 which is just a little high for my liking..

image-1233326682.jpg

Attachments

• image-2980293302.jpg
    image-2980293302.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom