90 gallon stock???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My experience with Salvini = cold blooded night time killer.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok so: what is a "Texas Salvini"?

Also, you could do a male Convict, maybe a Hericythys Carpinte (Green Texas; i have a few growouts of these) possibly a Green Terror if you're lucky and get 2 that are compatible, not an Oscar or a Jag or Red Devil. Severum will probably get beat up.

Convict is your best bet besides a pair of Jacks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Ok so Ive been going back and forth on what i want for my 90 gallon and i think i finally have figured it out!!! Will this be an ok stock???

1 jack demsey
1 red shoulder severum
3 electric blue acaras
1 bn pleco

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok so Ive been going back and forth on what i want for my 90 gallon and i think i finally have figured it out!!! Will this be an ok stock???

1 jack demsey
1 red shoulder severum
3 electric blue acaras
1 bn pleco

No. The Jack Dempsey is too aggressive and will bully the other fish. However, you could do 1 Severum and the 3 Acara. That would look nice!!

No. The Jack Dempsey is too aggressive and will bully the other fish. However, you could do 1 Severum and the 3 Acara. That would look nice!!

Ok. Im willing to part ways with the jack idea. What else could i get then???

No other cichlids. You would be pushing it with the Sev and the Acara.

I would say a Syno or two. You could do a school of like 16 Corydoras because those fish arent big enough to eat them. A school of like 16 Emerald Cories with the red of the Sev and the blue of the Acara would look amazing. Some black gravel and some fake green plants (or real if you want to try) and that would be a really beautiful tank.

1x Sev
3x Acara
12-16x Cory

Thats a stocked, beautiful tank.

Ok what about this??
1 red shoulder severum
1 firemouth
1 blue acara or convict (not sure which one yet)
1 bristlenose pleco
6 denison barbs

Convicts can be pretty aggresive , never had an acara before , but i think the acara would do better

Ok what about this??
1 red shoulder severum
1 firemouth
1 blue acara or convict (not sure which one yet)
1 bristlenose pleco
6 denison barbs

Yes. Choose the Acara over the Con IMO, although some say that the FM and Acara don't get along great. Mine hot along well. Just got rid of him today.

Ok this is final.

1 firemouth
1 red shoulder severum
1 green terror

I kno that the green terror can be a punk, but im going to raise them together and hopefully theyll turn out great!!!

What do you think?

I think no to the green terror.

Also, the GT grows VERY slow. Like 1/2 per month as a maximum with perfect water conditions and an excellent diet with a no-stress life. He will get beat up and possible killed by the Con. If he lives, he will dominate the tank in older age. If you buy him at a larger size, he may be able to live with the Con and the FM but will beat the crap out of the Sev.

There isnt a way you can play this where it has a good chance of working out.

Love the idea of a green terror, i personally am going to have this stock

Green terror
Firemouth
Convict
Rainbow

90 gallon

But its very risky long term but they are all very small and we just have to hope :)

Gt and jd get along? Never thought to ask that.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think no to the green terror.

Also, the GT grows VERY slow. Like 1/2 per month as a maximum with perfect water conditions and an excellent diet with a no-stress life. He will get beat up and possible killed by the Con. If he lives, he will dominate the tank in older age. If you buy him at a larger size, he may be able to live with the Con and the FM but will beat the crap out of the Sev.

There isnt a way you can play this where it has a good chance of working out.

Ok, what can go with a green terror in my 90 gallon??? The green terror is a must!!! LOVE THEM!!!

Ok, what can go with a green terror in my 90 gallon??? The green terror is a must!!! LOVE THEM!!!

Why don't you stick with Blue Acara? They look almost the same, and if they stay a bit smaller and have less of an attitude.

If you must have a GT, there are not a ton of combinations you can do in a 90. FM, Cons, and JD are the most highly recommended. However it is difficult to have 2 large fish in a tank thats only 4ft unless they are a breeding pair, so that rules out the JD. The FM might be a bit too peaceful, although it might work out. Rainbow cichlids are almost surely going to be too peaceful. Male Cons are your best bet, however you would have to buy the GT at a larger (5+ inches) size and you shouldnt try to have a pair of Cons, which is why i say male. You could do female if you want, i wouldnt personally but its up to you.

I would do Blue Acara if you like the look of GT, because you have more options. I would do:

2x Blue Acara (male)
2x Firemouth (male)

You could add in a Nicaragua cichlid as well if you can do the water changes.

As well as:

1x Syno
1x smaller Pleco

Back
Top Bottom