Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-30-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 719
90 gallon stock???

Im bored with community freshwater fish, so ive decided to switch my tank over to some bigger fish. I kno that a 90 gallon tank cannot fit to many big fish. Im thinking something like oscars, jacks, severums, etc.

I would like for the more experienced on here to let me kno what a good stock would be for my 90 gallon????
Im for sure going to get 5 or silver dollars.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 687
If you were going to get 5 silver dollars is say you could put 1 Oscar in with it and that would be about stocked. Oscars are big and messy fish


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Foskett96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
LayzorBeams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Minnesota,USA
Posts: 983
Yeah, 5 SD and an O seem like a good list.

Also you could do a JD instead of the O, or do 3-4 Severums with some Cories.

Only a female Jag would work. Only 1 Oscar but maybe 2 if they are alone, compatible, and very well maintained. GT or JD leaves a bit of wiggle room, as they are a bit smaller. Severums could be housed with a variety of other fish, including some 5-6 inch cichlids.

If you're set on SD that affects things but not drastically.

Let us know what your favorites are and what you're really looking for in this tank.


Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
__________________
LayzorBeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayzorBeams View Post
Yeah, 5 SD and an O seem like a good list.

Also you could do a JD instead of the O, or do 3-4 Severums with some Cories.

Only a female Jag would work. Only 1 Oscar but maybe 2 if they are alone, compatible, and very well maintained. GT or JD leaves a bit of wiggle room, as they are a bit smaller. Severums could be housed with a variety of other fish, including some 5-6 inch cichlids.

If you're set on SD that affects things but not drastically.

Let us know what your favorites are and what you're really looking for in this tank.


Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
My favs are jacks, oscars, and silver dollars. Im thinking:
1 oscar
1 jack Dempsey
5 silver dollars

Would this work???

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 687
There's no real way of saying if it will or not. I have a Oscar and jack Dempsey in my 240 gallon tank and they are fine. If you were going to try if say make sure you have a lot of places for each to hide and make sure the jack Dempsey has a cave of its own as they are territorial and the like to hide. Not because they are a whip because they like to be left alone and stuff they will not back down from a fight.
As I said before the Oscar is s huge bio load though


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Foskett96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:42 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 687
You could also go with a smaller variant of the silver dollars such as the spotted metynnis


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Foskett96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:00 AM   #7
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 788
DISCUS !! Get like 6+ Discus in there and youll be rockin
__________________
candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:37 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by candymancan View Post
DISCUS !! Get like 6+ Discus in there and youll be rockin
Way to expensive for me!!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foskett96 View Post
There's no real way of saying if it will or not. I have a Oscar and jack Dempsey in my 240 gallon tank and they are fine. If you were going to try if say make sure you have a lot of places for each to hide and make sure the jack Dempsey has a cave of its own as they are territorial and the like to hide. Not because they are a whip because they like to be left alone and stuff they will not back down from a fight.
As I said before the Oscar is s huge bio load though


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Ok not sure yet. I still might not get an oscar. I for sure am getting a jack and silver dollars.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:11 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
LayzorBeams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Minnesota,USA
Posts: 983
I would say do a breeding pair of Jacks and do 5 silver dollars.

I wouldn't personally do an Oscar with anything other than the SD in that tank as i have firsthand experience on how extremely messy they are.


Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
LayzorBeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
90 gallon, gallon, stock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to Stock a 35 gallon FO starters setup with. twig Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 5 09-10-2005 04:32 AM
NEW 75 Gallon Tank, Help us stock up right. dnaelting Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 17 08-24-2005 12:36 AM
Help me stock my 50 Gallon Rinaldo Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 22 06-15-2005 01:14 AM
Fish stock 58 gallon | fish jumble game.{aka bug Menagerie} webmoose Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 181 08-03-2004 01:36 PM
How should I stock a 55 gallon tank? patryuji Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 2 06-10-2004 03:38 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.