90 gallon stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peacockbass

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want an interesting tank. I'm not sure if I want only South American cichlids. I want lots of color and not a lot of aggression. I also don't want a bunch of small fish such as tetras. I want a nice community tank.

Anything 125 gallons and under I consider small, what type of cichlids are you looking to get?!

Your tank is really to small to get any of the large aggressive species unless you want to do a "Wet pet" set up. If you're wanting a tank packed with fish and don't want a community then Mbuna/Peacocks is the only thing that comes to mind.

Anything 125 gallons and under I consider small, what type of cichlids are you looking to get?!

Your tank is really to small to get any of the large aggressive species unless you want to do a "Wet pet" set up. If you're wanting a tank packed with fish and don't want a community then Mbuna/Peacocks is the only thing that comes to mind.

Im thinking the OP wants something like severums and geos. Not aggressive but colorful.

That tank is still small to do any all cichlid mixed tank if you don't want to include any tetras, corys ect. Unless you go with small cichlids which you said you don't want...

There are a lot of colorful Central American cichlids that are a bit less aggressive and not as large. I just picked up a couple Honduran Red Points which are pretty awesome. Rainbow Cichlids are peaceful and colorful too. As far as South American options I have some Keyhole Cichlids that I love. Not really colorful, but very peaceful and just cool fish. I've read that Festivus are peaceful, but have no personal experience with them. Hope that helps out a bit.

Based on your requirements and the tank size, you could definitely do better with CA than with SA.

If you are set on SA, here are a few options
- Mixed Acara tank (not just Pulcher)
- Discus (not for the faint of heart though)
- Apistos/Ram-based tank, but this might be too small for your taste
- Angels....but why would you.

SA is not exactly the land of color, especially when it comes to smaller, non-aggressive fish.

You could have 1 midsized geo and 2 pair mikrogeophagus and a school of bleeding heart tetra

Though Cory are out of the picture, most geo are eartheaters and will quickly out eat the less aggressive cories, then grow bigger and choke on them- personal experience with a friend of mines tank

Back
Top Bottom