A female and male Yellow Lab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Douglas4701

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to find a female and male of solid yellow color. I currently have two but I'm not sure if they are both male.. One has solid black on three fins but a faint color (almost a white)... While the other has a very faint black speck left. I've read the female can have some black on the fins. D do you think the labs could be purchased online?

I have had yellow cichlids for maybe 2 years enough for them to have I don't know how may batches of babies. When I first got them they were about 1.5 inches long and I picked them based on coloring and that they followed each other around the tank...
I guess I was lucky because in about a year when they reached maturity they started having babies and are still having babies. I later bought some Aceis (blue) cichlids. I picked them out based on color/markings and they were following each other around the tank.. Again I was lucky and when they reached maturity they started having babies...
I just bought some jewel cichlids, I think I picked male and female but I will have to wait for maturity and babies so I will know I picked right.

I do a lot of reading about the fish before I buy them. I read on many web sites about male and female for that type of fish.

Male yellow lab has black dorsinal fins top and bottom. Female has black fins on the top and the bottom fins or yellow

So this is a male he has the black fins under his belly. The female does not have that they or yello under her belly
image-4123102273.jpg

I would say look it up on the net they will tell the same. Only when juveniles it is hard to sex them

So this is a male he has the black fins under his belly. The female does not have that they or yello under her belly

Not exactly accurate.

Mouthbrooding female yellow labs with black pectoral fin markings:
img_2235484_0_5d28660995578271a0206b4e3c6d1c8a.jpg

img_2235484_1_6c8a27c2ae26204965d5246aded8142f.jpg

Yeah color doesn't matter people. In fact, for breeding purposes you would desire the brightest yellow with the most contrast possible ( most and blackest markings) Yes you can buy them on the Internet and get them shipped to you though shipping for a 7-10 dollar fish will make it a very expensive purchase. I have females and many young electric yellows as well as young Demasoni ( yellows will mature sooner than a year. So will Demasoni. ). Typically it's easier to vent on younger fish only if they have bred before. If you are interested in any tips or want to purchase a bag of 1.5 to 2 inch fish pm me

My lab gets a black face wen in territorial mode almost like a beard lol and a pointed dorsal fin, and black bars appear on its side. And he's a male for sure.

I have 4 females that look exactly like the male. The color of fins is not at all accurate in telling sex.

I didn't say it was just diffrent ways to tell and I have no female with the tip of there dorsal pointed just saying

Back
Top Bottom