A friend of mine is setting up a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a friend in the Norfolk that has a 60 gallon tall tank, she wants to do haps, peacocks, jewels and labs, i tried explaining to her she cannot do haps as they are way too big for the 60 gallon as they grow up to over a foot, labs, peacocks, i don't know much else about what she can stock would it be okay for labs, peacocks and jewels?

She's also worried about diet as some are herbivores some are carnivores so I'm trying to figure all this stuff out for her cause where she goes is the only place by her and they aren't good they just sell no matter compatibility or not.

Please help she's going to buy fish in a few hours

Sent from my SM-G930P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have labs, peacocks and blue acei in a 55g. Been set up for a couple of years, no problems.
Just remember with African cichlids, there is nothing written in stone as to what works or not, what works for me might not work for you so be ready with a plan B in case you need to remove a trouble maker but for the most part, these are "less" aggressive cichlids.
Good luck.

Yeah but her tank is not 4 ft long therefor peacocks wouldn't do very well as theres not enough open water, she got a bunch of labs and mbunas yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So it's a 60g but less than 4 feet long? Just curious, what are the dimensions?

3'6" long, it's been finished already she went with a full lab/mbuna setup

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom