a girl walks into a lfs, exits with free fish!! ha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i asked the lfs if i could strip the pregnant female and buy the babies, leaving the mum there. the dude then says yeah, we've had her months and cant seem to seel her. take the babies AND the fish for nothing, if you want. YESSSS!! :lol:
first time i saw her 2 weeks ago she had a mouth choc-a-block with them! 1 week ago her mouth went black. i was just so surprised a) she held for so long and b) i got her free!!!!
here she is:
Photo0202.jpg

Photo0206.jpg

Photo0262.jpg
how old do u think she is? she's like 4.5in. thanks! xx

now have 20 free swimming little auratus. they have so much colour!! im v lucky, i love my fish.
u have an auratus too dont u (i think its you :p)? is there a mate for it?

bit late to tell me! i was under the impression it was only the males. tho, he was a mean kenyi, prob pushed his luck.
would a sunshine peacock do ok with her and my other mbuna?

bit late to tell me! i was under the impression it was only the males. tho, he was a mean kenyi, prob pushed his luck.
would a sunshine peacock do ok with her and my other mbuna?

Apologies! :) I've got two and I hate them both.

However, they do fine with my others... Keep each other busy and no bullying. However they need a lot of tank space.

Even my kenyii won't mess with my auratus. ;)

bigbanker said:
Apologies! :) I've got two and I hate them both.

However, they do fine with my others... Keep each other busy and no bullying. However they need a lot of tank space.

Even my kenyii won't mess with my auratus. ;)

I've been fortunate, mine is a pansy.... Now that I said that out loud I'll find it in a Jason costume and slaying it's tankmates.....

I've been fortunate, mine is a pansy.... Now that I said that out loud I'll find it in a Jason costume and slaying it's tankmates.....

LOL! Hopefully not!!!! You're lucky though! They are pretty fish! Very striking.

Sidenote: One of key logs at the bank is named Jason for that very reason.

I have a sunshine peacock pair in my Malawi tank and they are not happy. They are moving to 125 gallon soon so hopefully hat will help.

ok thanks every one :)
and haha Bl80!! what is your 'pansy' called? hehe.
and absoloute angel, very kind xxxx
anyone got any good funny fish stories on them?

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
ok thanks every one :)
and haha Bl80!! what is your 'pansy' called? hehe.
and absoloute angel, very kind xxxx
anyone got any good funny fish stories on them?

Pansy!! Duh!! Steely... Bc I'm in Pgh and got it the start of football last year.... About 4.5-5 inches long....

Attachments

• image-3590955543.jpg
    image-3590955543.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2980239902.jpg
    image-2980239902.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 77
Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
they look stunning! greta colours, well done!!!!!
what is the black fish? x

The first pix top with yellow on top of fin? Its an Aurora. Sometimes more blue than black... Females a blue grey

Back
Top Bottom