a mbuna in my semi aggressive community?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarist_9018

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey all, i just saw a Pseudotropheus Ice Blue last night for the first time. wow! i really want to put one in my tank, but im wondering if it will kill my other fish. i currently have a 55. gal set up with a salvani,firemouth, a regal peacock, 4 tiger barbs, and 2 pictus cats.(may sound like an odd assortment, but its all in the timing u intro the fish into ur tank;)) my fish are all slighly bigger that the ice blue, so im hoping that aggression wont be a problem. any suggestions? comments?

I'm afraid it's a bad idea. Carnage will eventually develop, plus the Mbuna's water and dietary requirements are different than the fish you currently have.

It's a great excuse for another tank though. ;)

I totally agree with HN1. :) Not only the aggression, but other conditions are different, so its not a good idea. Get a new tank for Mbuna! 55g or larger is recommended.

I have some Ice Blue's and I can tell you, if the one you saw is even half as aggressive as my guy it will wipe out your tank in a couple days! My guy took over as tank boss within 1 day, and that is in a tank full of aggressive Mbuna! No way would your fish survive this guys aggression level.

Back
Top Bottom