A new cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satchel_Paige

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon planted that I have been running for a while now. It's got a bristlenose, 5 emperor tetra and a baby angelfish at the moment. I have been attempting to get a nice showy cichlid for the bottom of the tank but cannot seem to keep German blue rams alive. I've just lost my 3rd in a month despite my weekly water changes and great water parameters. I was wondering if there were any good cichlids of a nice coloration much like the German blues, but a bit hardier. I've got some apisto agassizi in my other tank so prefer something different from that. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are bolivian rams. They are hardier than their cousins and are pretty good looking themselves. Also, I know it is another apisto but Apisto CAC are a good choice as well. Not only are they hardy but if you buy a decent quality fish they will develop pretty good color. (y)

Thank you for the tips but it seems as though the albino krib would be difficult to get around here. I'd be willing to ship but unfortunately it is -6 Fahrenheit today. I'd looked at the bolivian rams but it seems as though they do not have nearly the color as the German blue rams. I'd kicked around cockatoo apistos but it seems as though I'd have the same issues as the kribs. Thank you for the suggestions and willing to hear more if anyone has any ideas

Ph is 7.3. Gh 3. Kh is 7. Those are similar to the lfs that I purchased them from I believe the last time I checked. And yes they are all from the same place. I only have a petco and one local fish store near me.

Ph is 7.3. Gh 3. Kh is 7. Those are similar to the lfs that I purchased them from I believe the last time I checked. And yes they are all from the same place. I only have a petco and one local fish store near me.

Your parameters are fine for GBR...

If you really want GBR PM me and I will get back to you tonight.
I breed them~!:whistle:
Check me out on this forum(search my threads....)(y)

Your parameters are fine for GBR...

If you really want GBR PM me and I will get back to you tonight.
I breed them~!:whistle:
Check me out on this forum(search my threads....)(y)

+1^
I have bandit rams and they are fantastic. In fact I think everyone on here has a bandit ram at this point.... I've had F1 rams (1 generation removed from wild) and bandit rams are BETTER than that!

+1^

I have bandit rams and they are fantastic. In fact I think everyone on here has a bandit ram at this point.... I've had F1 rams (1 generation removed from wild) and bandit rams are BETTER than that!

Surprisingly I do not

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A single keyhole cichlid could work, but they're not colorful, however their personalities are great

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom