Aaron's 10g Shellie build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep the tank in my sisters room. It's pretty high up so it's hard to move. But I hate the background being see through. So I want to cover it with something. Maybe a rocks scape background? Or a DIY background? I'm open to any suggestion at this point

image-3019738220.jpg

Careful man. If my eyes aren't deceiving me it looks like that shelf is bowing a bit under the weight.

Whoa! I never even noticed that before! Good catch. Ok so now I really have to move it. But I will admit that it looks worse in the pic.

I bought a reversible black/blue background from petsmart.. of course you could always go cheaper with construction paper or garbage bags ..etc etc i personally dont like painted backgrounds bc i would wanna change it up from time to time..

kjacks said:
I bought a reversible black/blue background from petsmart.. of course you could always go cheaper with construction paper or garbage bags ..etc etc i personally dont like painted backgrounds bc i would wanna change it up from time to time..

I really like the garbage bag idea. Should I get a stand m for this tank? I have some more spots that could be potentially safer locations maybe I can just build a stand

Its cheaper to build one then to buy. I bought mine though bc i dont have the time n my husband didnt want the tank so he fusse enough helpin put the bought ones together.. lol im sure there is some directions on here or on youtube

kjacks said:
Its cheaper to build one then to buy. I bought mine though bc i dont have the time n my husband didnt want the tank so he fusse enough helpin put the bought ones together.. lol im sure there is some directions on here or on youtube

Yeah I'm gonna probably build a stand. So there's gonna be a lot of work to make this tank happen.

Do you have any source of amonia in the tank? If not your tank will never cycle. You need to put some fish food in or a shrimp, or even dose with ammonia.

Cichlid-dude said:
Do you have any source of amonia in the tank? If not your tank will never cycle. You need to put some fish food in or a shrimp, or even dose with ammonia.

What would you reccomend? maybe a shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom