About to set up a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acejock999

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a new 180 gal acrylic in an auction for only $343. Price includes tank,cabinet, hood, lights. It looks like it had some undergravel filter system, but I will be setting up a sump. I set up a 90 gal about 3 months ago but as soon as I started with that one I knew I wanted to go bigger.

I will keep you updated on my progress. For the last one I used crush coral. This time I will use sand.

Pictures coming soon.

Ok. Finally got the tank that I won at auction. It is in pretty good shape but I think it may have previously been saltwater. It has 3 1 inch holes at the bottom. It has a large sumplike tank at the bottom and a giant pump or maybe it is a protein skimmer. I am thinking it is going to be a slightly more involved job than I thought getting it started so I put it in the garage.

I am kinda excited. At first I was concerned after seeing those holes but a little reading has informed me that it may actually be advantageous to have that set up. I will post pictures soon. I have asked my local aquarium guy to drop by and give me some design suggestions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom