AC 110 Motor Rattling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can take the motor off from the outside. That little box where the cord is will come of. Just twist it gently and it will come loose. Clean the inside as well you'll be shocked as to what you find.

Also I tossed those grey racks or whatever you wanna call the annoying thing. IMO it's useless and just gets in my lol.

To remove motor, rotate 1/4 revolution and motor will unhook from clear plastic body. You can replacement motors.

You can take the motor off from the outside. That little box where the cord is will come of. Just twist it gently and it will come loose. Clean the inside as well you'll be shocked as to what you find.

Also I tossed those grey racks or whatever you wanna call the annoying thing. IMO it's useless and just gets in my lol.

Thanks. Just got it off the tank, ill post if I find anything.

There was a small amount of sand in the impeller shaft. I cleaned & rinsed it, it's up & running again & quiet as a mouse.

I also had the same problem vasoline works great on the shaft and the magnet on the propeller works every time

Back
Top Bottom