acei in a 3ft?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cejones94

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've done a lot of reaserch on this. Some places say no,they get to big. Some places I saw they only get about 5 or 6in long and say that a pair would work.
I have 3 yellow labs that i (after seeing many people have kept them in 30 gallons) decided that they would do fine in a 46 bow. Would they get along
Anyways I've always gotten the best and most advice here so I want to know what y'all think about this. I've done lots of reaserch and gotten conflicting answers. Hope someone can help.

Here are a few pics btw

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111226_233324.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111226_233324.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 84
  • ForumRunner_20111226_233400.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111226_233400.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 88
There are so many other types of mbuna, I would look into something else. They really need a 6ft tank bc they are very active swimmers. Also, you want to slightly overstock each type you choose you minimize aggression. You may have problems if you don't have the proper male to female ratio. Bc of that I think Acei is a bad choice, there are tons of others to choose from. Demasoni maybe? But you need at least 10 of them so they don't murder eachother.

kelbaker79 said:
Aceis need bigger tanks, they like to swim around, a lot!

I have 6 in my 4ft and wish I could give them more space. They will have a 220 soon though. :)

Okay so no acei...I googled demisonis...they r really cool looking would they gey along with yellow labs?
And I can't put 10 in a 3ft tank can I?

Back
Top Bottom