Adding Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Just a thought at this point, but my 90 gallon tank is under-stocked. Not going to list all my fish here, but for sure I could put a couple more angels in there.

Has anyone tried putting some small angels in with adults. My adults (3, 2 Male, one Female) are very peaceful as far as Angels go, but I'm concerened that introducing more, even small ones, would throw off the balance they have acheived. I know adding more adults would likely strain the pecking order in there, but not sure about babies.

I was thinking of adding 3 more, prolly nickel size.

Comments?

Experience in mixing sizes?

TIA.

Heh, I have. I originally bought 2; one died 8 months later. The other (my now breeding male) was alone for about 6 months, so he was fully mature. I bought 2 lil golds at Petsmart (pity purchase) and added em after 2 week QT. The 3 of em lived together for about 2 months when I added the black lace; the gold marble went in 3 weeks later LOL I had all 5 in my 55g for 4 months when I added a sub adult silver from a friend (little slut...she's started laying eggs the week she went into the tank *grin*). Then Brian gave me another adult silver last month, who is an absolute wench LOL

I've never had a prob adding juvies, and have yet to rearrange a tank when adding any angels to be honest. Sounds like your guys are fairly peaceful (for angels LOL); I don't see a huge prob adding a few more, especially since thats a good size tank.

I just added two new baby angels to my tank with a full grown male. They are doing great! He just looked at them when I first introduced them and know ignores them. The babies both stick together everywhere they go and seem to be really happy. They are both little piggys eating everything in sight!!! You should have no problem adding a few little ones to your tank, sounds like your adults are pretty melow. Let us know how it goes and add pics.

Was hoping for your expertise, Ally, been reading about all your other Angel adventures lately.

I purchased more angels about 6 months after my first batch, but didn't qt them, lost them all, plus a couple other fish, to a bacterial infection. I have a qt ready this time, but will take my time in finding some really cool colors somewhere.

I have the "tank bug" lately, doing lots of stuff to all my tanks. Happens many years in the dead of winter. :)

One of the folks in one of the groups I belong to breeds, and she's got great prices. I dunno if she's shipping atm (due to the weather) or if she has a minimum, but from what I've heard her fish are real healthy n happy: http://www.beautifulangels.net/

Alli, what do you typically pay for your angelfish? I'd like some beauties, but I honestly don't think I've ever spent more than $10 for a fish. I know angels can get really expensive, and then you add shipping on top of that..

Me either; think the most I spent was $8.99. Her's are even cheaper...if I wasn't such a sucker for pathetic lfs fish LOL I'd definitely order from her or Steve Rybicki. But all the ones I have are all lfs fish (one reason I wasn't sure about breeding...dunno the parentage). My avatar Liberace, which I considered the prettiest of all my fish, was around 5 bucks LOL and came from the icky lfs.

I gotta stop talking to you. I told myself that I'm putting my tax return into savings, dangit! lol Sure, the fish are cheap, but the tank setups aren't :p

Your friend has some fine looking fish, for sure, Ally. Pretty sure I'll just stick local though. Somebody just reminded me of an lfs that I used to go to, haven't been there for a while. They aren't local to my house, but they are close to my commute, so this is a good excuse to go check them out again. Heard they have a good plant selection too, so I'm bound to go there anyway!

Appreciate the advice regarding juveniles with adults, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom