adding fish to estalished tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris86

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 African tank with 5 acei's 3 yellow labs. I was just at the lfs and they had a pretty good selection of Africans so picked up a few more. I am thinking about taking 3 acie's and one lab out and do 20 fish 10 pair of 2 each of different species.

Any ways I picked up
2 red fin borleyi
2 red exasperates
2 neo. omn. tricolor fulu

They are in a 10gallon tank right now. There about 1-1.5 inch long the fish in my tank are 3-4 inch I'm afraid of them being ate or picked on in the big tank. The guy at the lfs told me to feed 3 times a day and 50% water changes. which will make them grow faster. My main question how do y'all add new fish to an established tank.

I have a 55 African tank with 5 acei's 3 yellow labs. I was just at the lfs and they had a pretty good selection of Africans so picked up a few more. I am thinking about taking 3 acie's and one lab out and do 20 fish 10 pair of 2 each of different species.

Any ways I picked up
2 red fin borleyi
2 red exasperates
2 neo. omn. tricolor fulu

They are in a 10gallon tank right now. There about 1-1.5 inch long the fish in my tank are 3-4 inch I'm afraid of them being ate or picked on in the big tank. The guy at the lfs told me to feed 3 times a day and 50% water changes. which will make them grow faster. My main question how do y'all add new fish to an established tank.

No need to remove fish. Add the new fish at night when you know that they are heathy. If you have sufficient filtration and do weekly water changes of 30% you will be fine. The Victorian Tricolor Fulu are too aggressive IMO. The existing Mbuna are on the peaceful side as far as Mbuna go. The Borleyi will quickly outgrow you tank. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom