Adding new fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Topher377

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just finished cleaning and doing a water change to my 30 gal FW tank. I have 2 fish right now. Im wanting to add another fish but not sure what is safe to put with the 2 i have. I have a red fin cichlid and an albino rainbow shark. The cichlid is good size and the albino about half that size. My father in-law has a pleco that has out grown the tank it is in but idk about putting him in mine because of the cichlid. Question is would that be a bad idea and if so what fish would survive in my tank?
P.s. my cichlid ate 2 danios when i first put him in so i took all small fish out.20171023_222830.jpg20171023_154743.jpg20170828_005707.jpg

I just finished cleaning and doing a water change to my 30 gal FW tank. I have 2 fish right now. Im wanting to add another fish but not sure what is safe to put with the 2 i have. I have a red fin cichlid and an albino rainbow shark. The cichlid is good size and the albino about half that size. My father in-law has a pleco that has out grown the tank it is in but idk about putting him in mine because of the cichlid. Question is would that be a bad idea and if so what fish would survive in my tank?
P.s. my cichlid ate 2 danios when i first put him in so i took all small fish out.View attachment 304539View attachment 304540View attachment 304541
I'm not too sure about the cichlid, but it appears to be an African cichlid and it may need a bigger tank. The rainbow shark will need a bigger tank as well. And definitely don't take the pleco, common plecos can grow a few feet in length (assuming it's a common pleco because you never specified the type).

Ya not sure on the type of pleco. Im going to be looking into a 75 gal or bigger soon

Back
Top Bottom