Advice and Showing off ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395104902.242000.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395104923.407704.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395104936.626027.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395104945.959851.jpg

So back in January I started this lil' 10g up in the hopes of a somewhat Lake Tanganyika biotope. I have 1 Calvus Chiclid and a pair of Neolamprologus helianthus that I finally got my hands on yesterday?
I have two upsidedown catfish for my nighttime cleanup crew:)
also some ghost shrimp that keep needing replacing

I have a 20in Aqueon LED light with only 1 bar with a glass lid

substrate is I think Carib-Sea if I remember right? it had aragonite to raise the ph

I have been feeding a wide variety of frozen ghost shrimp, flakes, sinking/floating pellets, and an occasional peice if an algea wafer at night

it has been at 78°

So now that formality's are over...
is there anything yall would advise me changing? adding? taking out?

A bigger tank to be honest, a 10g is way too small for those species

Really? the pair is supposed to get to 3 1/2 inches each and the Calvus a max of 4inches I heard?
and I'm pretty sure I read the Calvus are slow growing?

I thought the Calvus would help keep the population down... :(

I also have a 30g filter on it so it's pretty darn clean ;)

are you saying the tanks to small for the fish or for them to be with each other with territories?

Calvus are in fact slow growers, but they're right, that tank is too small. I know people that keep cichlids in a 40 gal breeder, but I would go no less than a 4 ft 55 gallon

Calvus are in fact slow growers, but they're right, that tank is too small. I know people that keep cichlids in a 40 gal breeder, but I would go no less than a 4 ft 55 gallon

well barnacles....
what do you think I should do? I really don't wanna get rid of all this...

Back
Top Bottom