Af Chichlids i want what size tank do i need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abomb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I dont have much time i gotta jet to class but here is a list of Af chichlids i want and i was hoping someone could help me set up the amount of fish i should get of each and the size tank i would need the min size even though i have acces to a 120 gal for 180 dollars. 75 gal is 120 dollars 55 gal is 70 dollars. THanks for the help

All are lake mawalie (spelling)

Melanochromis johanii

Placidochromis phenochilus

Pseudotropheus demasoni

Pseudotropheus kingsizei

Otopharynx lithobates

Adam

Lake Malawi :wink:
I don't own any of these. You should double check their max size and post it. Also check to see if all are Mbuna (rock dwellers). I have 13 Africans (all Mbuna) in an 80 gal, plus a pleco and two catfish. Mine have a ton of lace rock to hide in, which helps keep aggression down.
Have you decided on substrate and what type of rocks you are going to use? That may factor in on your cost and ultimately how much and how large your tank is. I would go for the 75 gal. You can put a pair of each fish in there plus pleco or other Synodontis. If you want a ton of fish, go with the 120 gal!

I know when I typed my message, I included looking up temperament :? I have to stop going between word and typing here:(
Since I don't own these, my suggestion was just a guess. You may want to go with a tank of various Pseudotropheus sp. You can see my profile for what is in my tank. I will admit that the tank is heavily stocked with males with only three known females and the Pseudothropheus will interbreed :roll:

Back
Top Bottom