African cichlid 75 gallon tank and NLS feeding mess?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well as promised here it is. So you tell me lol am I crazy or is this normal?

image-2499983330.jpg

image-1201922040.jpg

image-2223984402.jpg

Here's the video. Excuse my voice haven't slept since Sunday 7am.

Hmmm, maybe if looks worse in person, but I think you're crazy!!!! Lol! I think the tank looks great. If I heard you correctly, you said it clears up within 5 minutes? If that's the case I think it's fine and would expect the water clarity to drop a tad during feedings. If if were bad 2 hours later I'd be concerned.

Let's see what others think but IMO it looks great!

Haha thanks!! Yeah it clears up in like 5 minutes. Figured maybe I was crazy lol. An thanks for the kind words.

CraigMac said:
Hmmm, maybe if looks worse in person, but I think you're crazy!!!! Lol! I think the tank looks great. If I heard you correctly, you said it clears up within 5 minutes? If that's the case I think it's fine and would expect the water clarity to drop a tad during feedings. If if were bad 2 hours later I'd be concerned.

Let's see what others think but IMO it looks great!

I'm with Craigmac on this looks great as always convict.

Convict2161 said:
Thanks maybe I'm too anal. Ok... Ok... Maybe I'm just crazy! lol.

Picky is a better word lol
I think the only reason if it does clear up so fast is because of your water movement. How much gph do you have?

Andrew McFadden said:
Picky is a better word lol
I think the only reason if it does clear up so fast is because of your water movement. How much gph do you have?

I have the fx5, AC110 and the Koralia power head rated at 1,050 gph.

I think your just being picky and no matter what food you feed there is going to be a little bit. I get some aswell but by the time their done the water is still clear so I don't worry about it and I only clean a rena xp3 every 3 months so it can't be that bad. How often do you have to clean your filter?

Maybe they're so excited at feeding time that they're kicking up debris that had settled to the cracks and crevasses?!?

Andrew McFadden said:
I think your just being picky and no matter what food you feed there is going to be a little bit. I get some aswell but by the time their done the water is still clear so I don't worry about it and I only clean a rena xp3 every 3 months so it can't be that bad. How often do you have to clean your filter?

I clean the fx5 every couple of months. And the AC 110 with weekly water changes.

Lady_Alia said:
Maybe they're so excited at feeding time that they're kicking up debris that had settled to the cracks and crevasses?!?

Could be. Never thought of that.

Nothing to worry about. I just started feeding 1mm nls and it's less messy than the flakes were. I just wish it didn't sink as fast.

Convict2161 said:
I clean the fx5 every couple of months. And the AC 110 with weekly water changes.

Could be. Never thought of that.

See my point? if you only have to clean every couple of months it can't be that bad. Your bound to have some no matter what ya feed.

Andrew McFadden said:
See my point? if you only have to clean every couple of months it can't be that bad. Your bound to have some no matter what ya feed.

Ah... I got it. So it's just me... I'll shall carry one then. Thanks!

Andrew McFadden said:
you could try another type and see if your more satisfied. Maybe you will have less

I've heard such good things about NLS what would be something you would suggest? Hikari? If so what type. Maybe I'll just give it a try. I'm sure it won't hurt and maybe they would like the change up? I'd hate to eat the same thing everyday lol. I give them brine once a week or once every 2 weeks as a little change.

Back
Top Bottom