African cichlid decoration and territories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kpatrick007

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I heard it's better to put more rocks than plants in a African cichlids and I'm not sure what to do. Put all rocks or most rocks and some plants. 75gallon tank

Do mostly rock with some fake plants

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Primarily rocks, depending on what cichlid you have you could tie real plants to some rocks for some color variation to the tank; however if you have a herbivore type of cichlid, well.. Yeah I wouldn't bother lol.

Primarily rocks, depending on what cichlid you have you could tie real plants to some rocks for some color variation to the tank; however if you have a herbivore type of cichlid, well.. Yeah I wouldn't bother lol.

True! +1

If you are keep mbuna, even fake plants will typically be dug up and strewn about the tank, so they typically are not worth the effort. Other types of cichlids like African river cichlids love the plants. You really need to state what type of Africans you are keeping.

With most types of Tanganyikan cichlids you can do more plants; anubias or fast-growing grass-like stems will do fine.

Not the 3 that have been mentioned. Google them and you'll noticed java fern and anubias need to be tied to rocks/wood. Vallis you can plant into your substrate.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom