African Cichlid Id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

H00ked

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I saw these in a lfs, the tank wasn't labeled and the employee didn't know what they were. All she tell me was that they were pure bred. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if it's a kenyi I know males turn yellow/orange I actually just bought a male today and he is yellowish and not too big. I can't tell how big yours is from the picture but the one I got is 2" maybe 2.5"

I have 2. The other is starting to turn yellow on its stomach. They are both only 2" at this point.

Post a picture of the other one as well if/when you get a chance. That is not a Kenyi nor do I think it is a Cobalt blue, although at this point I can't give you a potential I.D.

Post a picture of the other one as well if/when you get a chance. That is not a Kenyi nor do I think it is a Cobalt blue, although at this point I can't give you a potential I.D.

I agree. The bars on the first one don't match that of a Kenyi, though the head might.

Back
Top Bottom