african cichlid small

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mbunas are mainly herbivores so dnt need much protein but haps and peacocks are carnivores ....i have all and even my mbuna will eat sum feeders

Ok. Well, generally when fish are labeled 'Africans' they are fish from lake Malawi. These fish don't handle high amounts of protein. There is not point feeding feeder fish for a few reasons other than the above. Feeder fish can carry diseases that can infect your fish, they can encourage further aggression and if supplied with a well balanced pellet food (like NLS) the fish simply won't need anything extra.

I'd suggest you look into exactly what kind of African cichlids you wish to keep and research accordingly.

I find that if i feed strictly pellets they dont poop as often i feel like they need some wetish food like frozen or live foods

What I am saying is that there are a multitude of different fish with different dietary requirements in Africa. The OP has not stated or simply does not know what fish they wish to keep. It's not as easy as saying yes they can or no they can't have a feeder fish or two.

Thats primarily for mbunas show me an article that has haps or peacocks labeled as anything but carnivores

I find that if i feed strictly pellets they dont poop as often i feel like they need some wetish food like frozen or live foods

Mine poop plenty just ask my filter! I feed NLS Thera a pellets and veggie flame. Mbunas

Back
Top Bottom