African cichlid stocking for a 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah i would say no just to caution on the side of saftey of your other fish.. or if you decide you really want 1 add it last that way the rest of the fish have set territories (or how ever you spell it lol )

when you go to the store try and get a piece of paper and pen, see any cichlids you like write them down and let us know

Ok I'm getting 2 more zebras tomorrow hopefully. I pray tht they do good. I'm going to Lexington saturday hopefully to get some labs and look at their fish.

male kenyi are yellow and also have a similar body shape as the yellow labs. Also the kenyis disposition is far nastier then the yellow labs. I would reccomend one or the other. One thing I like about the kenyis is that the males and females are so different in their color and contrasts nicely. But they can be pretty mean but what mbuna does'nt have anger problems. As far as the bumblebees they should be fine with either species.

get auratus!!! you'll love them as long as you keep something over the tank to keep them from jumping ( i found that out the hard way)... Everybody told me that bumblebees would be super aggressive, but theyre not.

Bumblebees are :censor: cats compaired to my little afra's they are crazy even that their size.. also Auratus are very cool wish i had tops on my tanks

So I'm trying to choose between auratus and acei cuz it would be nice to have some blue in my tank lol.
So here's the plan for when I'm done
4 zebras (red)
4 yellow labs
4 auratus or acei.

just make sure you pick fish you are going to like. If you wanted, you could do 3 of each, and instead of picking between the acei and auratus, go with both... just a thought

not unless youve got a couple inches on each side... i have plasic taped along the back of my glass tops over on to the back of the tank, with probably 1/2" on each side of the filter hoses, and maybe 3/4" on each side of my hob... havent had any go missing since i did that... im down to one though, so i have to get some more once the "plague" is over

So I was wondering what 3 fish I could pick since the local ones don't look very healthy. What do u all think about bumblebees? Any other suggestions I could look into? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom