African Food??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Issombeituni

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So lady at petsmart said this was a must have for my fish. She pretty much talked me into it. Is this a good food choice?

Attachments

• image-4153075598.jpg
    image-4153075598.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 69
it really depends on what type of africans you are keeping.

mbuna are herbivores and should be fed veggie flake or pellets, spirulina or NLS. The can also be fed fresh veggies like cucumber, zuchini or lettuce. Limit their protein intake nothing higher than 40-45 %

peacocks NLS or a high quality pellet, occasional frozen brine shrimp or live food

I like to mix it up..right now I'm mostly keeping mbuna so i feed a high quality veggie flake, and NLS thera A. My mbuna fry I feed veggie flakes, decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, and golden pearls.

for my tropicals I use Omega one..I like their ingredients, no fish meal like some of the lower quality brands

I only use new life spectrum (nls)

I switched from hikari cause of how messy it is.

I havent noticed it being messy.. i use the floatin pellets and they dont last long my fish gooble them up.. i mostly use repashy and just feed hikari to change it up some .. guess im gonna have to pay more attention n see whats up

I noticed with hikari a lot would be sifted through their gills and end up floating around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom