African or european?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never kept smaller SA, but I have peacocks with smaller mbuna. The colors are beautiful and I love my fish, but.. for me, the chasing and nipping a little hard to take sometimes. I've separated my bully and rearranged countless times =)

I have kept both apistos, rams and Africans. In my experience Africans are much more aggressive. Between rams and apistos I like rams more. Although I cant really say that for sure because im still trying to get my hands on some apistogramma Atahualpa. I am setting up a planted tank for a pair of electric blue rams and a pair of golden rams. Havent decided on what plant im gonna use to make a wall in the middle to separate the pairs. Another suggestion I will give you is Kribensis. They are very easy fish and I enjoy my pair a lot. They are the easiest for me to get to spawn and the first time my pair spawned they took care of the babies themselves perfectly. Although they are African cichlids their natural habitat is a river with plants.

Mine did well in a planted tank. But, personally I really think they need caves. Have 2 for each pair. 2 reasons.
1. Places for them to take a break from each other.
2. So they have a choice for where they want to spawn.
Dither fish= any small and fast fish that are not aggressive. You could also put some Cory cats in with them. Not too many though.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom