Africans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbkemp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This one is for you guys that have some experience. I plan on setting up something African in the next year. If I do, the shelldwellers and Julies look good. I am also interested in Demonsi. I know they are aggressive. Is this a real bad idea to start here?

I really like some of the Lake Tang fish. Is that a better place to start?

Shellie’s and Julies are tangs, demasoni are from Malawi and are HIGHLY conspecific (same species) aggressive. There are dozens of Malawi or tanganyikan stocking guides across the internet, I highly recommend doing some google searches to find articles and then decide which lake you would prefer and stick to that lake

I did a poor job of explaining what I was considering. I am sure that I am going to do Shellie’s at some point. Maybe Julie’s with them, but I doubt it.

The Demonsi are a whole other bucket of biscuits. I don’t want to do a mixed Mbuna tank. Frontosa also cause something to stir. I do not anticipate having that much water.

Tropheus are also sweet

So, I do understand where the lakes are and some of the differences. I do want to know if anyone has any experience with Demonsi

Check out "king of diy" on YouTube. He just set up a trophius tank. He knows a thing or 2

Back
Top Bottom