Africans suitable for 20g long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are shell dwellers the only African cichlids suitable for a 20 long? Most of the Africans I have looked up seem to reach an adult size that is larger than I would put in a 20.

If I wanted to do a single species what would a good number be? I'm not necessarily looking for the maximum.

It really depends on the species to be honest. Neolamprologus multifasciatus could have 10-15 in a 20 gallon long. Brevis and ocellatus I would keep a bit lower, like 6-8. Statenisland should be able to give better estimates than me

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, I'm trying to do Multis and goby cichlids in a 20 long and it's not the most peaceful of tanks. Shellies are not exactly peaceful fish lol

I love their eyes! Some day I wanna do a rack system with a few 10 gallons on top, then a few 20 longs, and a 40 breeder on the bottom (I'd like to keep hecqui) or the species that had the giant makes but shellie females, can't seem to think of it, callipterus maybe?

Caudopunctatus are another awesome species. Trustmedia on here has a breeding group now I believe and those pics that they post are awesome

Back
Top Bottom