Aggravating!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mscherer63

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396047650.999089.jpg
I clean my tank and a day later this algae?? Is forming on my glass, anyone have any advice on how to eliminate it?

Same thing happened to me a few months ago I just bought an algae scrub pad ($3) and hit the sides where the algae was growing. It came right off and have only had to do it once since. They sell expensive magnet ones you can use without putting your arm in the tank but that one was about $25. I just do it during a weekly water change so my arm is already wet lol.

Same thing happened to me a few months ago I just bought an algae scrub pad ($3) and hit the sides where the algae was growing. It came right off and have only had to do it once since. They sell expensive magnet ones you can use without putting your arm in the tank but that one was about $25. I just do it during a weekly water change so my arm is already wet lol.

I scrub it weekly, this has been occurring for a couple months now. I scrub and it's back the next day and by day 3 it's everywhere

I have also tried cutting back on amount of light and feedings on other tanks with that problem seems to help some. I think algae thrives with higher nitrates maybe your tank or tap have higher than norm nitrate levels. I'm no expert by any means though.

UV filter and using StressZyme or Sludge destroyer might help. But the biggest factor in algae growth is Nitrate and lighting. Check your levels, you might have more nitrate than you realize.

Back
Top Bottom