Agrresive electric blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kowalski

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I wanted to know what I should do. I have one electric blue I believe and he is taking ownership for my whole rock structure. And nips at the other fish. Can you tell me something I should change or what I should do so he isn't as stressed out. I put him into a little breeding tank for a little but I Don't think that worked. By the way he jumped out of the little tank during the night. I found him in the large tank with all the others

Attachments

• image-844835143.jpg
    image-844835143.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 122
  • image-2902237730.jpg
    image-2902237730.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 125
You could try to rescape, that may work. What's your tank size and stock list?

Do you know the scientific name for him? There are several fish sold under the name electric blue. Also, what fish is he bullying? Do they look similar?

Johanni's are one of the most, if not the most aggressive african out there... You need a bigger tank or to add alot more fish to share the aggression or both :)

You could try to rescape, that may work. What's your tank size and stock list?

It's a 29 gallon. I rescaped and he's still aggressive.
I have
One electric blue
One yellow lab
Two peacocks
Two other fish I'm not to sure about

It's a 29 gallon. I rescaped and he's still aggressive.
I have
One electric blue
One yellow lab
Two peacocks
Two other fish I'm not to sure about

Yep, you'll defiantly need to upgrade your tank

Yea he's going to try to dominate that small of a tank. And it's not really recommended to mix peacocks and mbuna especially in a 29, you should try to get at least a 55g

agreed, it also looks like you have a venustus, but I'm not certain..if so, it will grow to 8-10 in. and the peacocks around 6 or so depending..

agreed, it also looks like you have a venustus, but I'm not certain..if so, it will grow to 8-10 in. and the peacocks around 6 or so depending..

I agree with haleybeth your other fish are venustus which are big fish when fully grown

Sorry, off topic, Big John, What fish is that in your profile pic?

I was told on here haleybeth that she was a blue zebra because I wasn't sure myself but I'm still not sure. The only thing I know for sure is that she's female.

Back
Top Bottom