Ahl's Haplochromis??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldshell4481

Aquarium Advice Activist
i was wondering if an Ahl's Haplochromis(spelling) is compatible with oscar's. i have 2 oscars in a 55 gallon tank and the Ahl's is a very pretty fish and want to liven up the tank a little. also if the ahl's is not compatible what about a Jack Dempsey?

im not putting the cons in with the oscar just because these are the most viscious little devils ive ever had. if u try to clean the tank while hes in it he likes to attack your hand. apparantley size doesnt matter for the little scrapper. the oscars get they're own tank, possibly with my blood parrot.

the tanks a 55 gal and i have that filter with the bio-wheel made ro 30-60 gallon tanks. this summer when i actually have money i might invest in another 2 of those filters. 1 more for the oscar tank, and a replacement for the one that came with my other tank (wal-mart brand).

how many oscars do you have in that 55gal and what size. you really should have more filtration than that, depending on amount and size of fish. jmo. If money is an object (it always is with me) try ebay. :wink: Good luck

Back
Top Bottom