Algea eaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imtcurveball

Aquarium Advice Freak
I keep cichlids in the 5-6 inch range and I currently have 2 convicts. What algae eater would be ok in that tank? They get pretty aggressive when breeding.

In my experience i have found it sometimes more of how you go about it. for instance if you had any type of pleco and they where established in the tank. then added small cichlids that grew up with the pleco. they leave it alone most of the time. but if you add a pleco to the tank now that it's convict territory may just be a punching bag. Convicts can be relentless when breading too it may not work regardless of type.
mainly what size tank. not only to see if it would have a chance to get away from the cichlids but to see what options you even have for a pleco

just make sure its something tough as nails lol try raising a pleco so it has good size before adding it in they may not be able to kill it physically but the possibility of them stressing it to death is there as long as they are spawning.

Back
Top Bottom