Algee eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AssistedDecoy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I known this has been posted more than once but I cant seem to find a post to see what has already been said. I need a recommendation for a glass cleaner for my 240G cichlid tank. I have to clean my glass more often then change my water so any ideas will help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hello!
I'm no expert, but currently have a bristle nose pleco for my glass walls that is doing well in my African cichlid tank. I also have a cuckoo synodontis that takes care of the bottom.

It's my understanding it can be a hit or miss with plecos and cichlids.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would find the root cause of the excess algae rather than adding a fish for a housekeeping issue. I haven't scraped glass in nearly a year and I don't have any plecs.

Im thinking its the lights, how long should i have the lights on?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If u don't have plants the lights are really just for ur viewing pleasure. I've heard that keeping ur lights on for under four hours at a time helps fight algae. U can have it on in the morning and then off while ur at work and then on again at night when u get home and that should work. I have my lights on for six hours and I have very little algae at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom