Alternative to gbr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kalikingsmoke

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I really love German blue rams but they just won't work in my tank what are some other cichlids similar in marks or such 10 inch and under but maybe a little more hardy. Thanks anyone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a couple one is dead the other is just drifting on the verge of death.

They wouldn't eat nothing its probly cuz I got them from Petco I have I guess some African one but no fish ever bothered them

I just lost my two rams after 6 months. Waters always been the same but I have a higher ph than they prefer. Won't try them agin unless I move and get new tap water. I like the ideas op apistogramma but I have a single female I think of what was sold to me as apisto sp orange??? It's rather boring so in not sure what ill do either! Ill follow this and see what's suggested!

Cockatoo apisto are pretty hardy and the males look amazing. Females are bit boring but still very lovely fish

We really need more info aout the tank in order to give better suggestions. What size is it? What exactly are the other fish? Has this tank cycled?

100 gallons tall. Other fish are tropicals and cichilids and a crayfish with some snails. Fully cycled although experienced a mini cycle after I transfered to the 100 from a 20

What species of cichlid do you have? I'd remove the crayfish because apistogrammas and rams spend a lot of time near the bottom where the crayfish may attack them

What species of cichlid do you have? I'd remove the crayfish because apistogrammas and rams spend a lot of time near the bottom where the crayfish may attack them

ive had the crayfish for quite some time now and he has had pleanty of opriutnitys to attack any of my fish and the snails but never has i got lucky and have a mellow one. i have mostly africans i think idk.

I like Bolivian Rams. They look better IMHO than GBR's, and are much hardier. The pair in my 180 just fired off another spawn about a week ago.

I've read that many breeders, especially Asian ones, juice up GBR's with hormones to make them look more colorful to sell, and that severely weakens them. I've never seen that officially backed up, but it makes sense given my bad luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom