Altolamprologus calvus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veneer

Aquarium Advice Activist
What would one regard to be suitable tank dimensions for a single adult Altolamprolagus calvus? While some sources regard even a 15-gallon sytem sufficient, others feel a 60-gallon tank to be a stark minimum.

While I know of this species' slow rate of growth, can anyone provide a general sense of the chronological progression of a 1.5-inch juvenile to adulthood?

Lastly, does anyone know of any reputable online sources for the "black" morphotype of this species?

For A Single Adult Atolamprogorus Calvus-(I will cal them juts plain calvus through the rest of my post) i consider 29gallons with No tankmates just 1 clavus to be the minimum-I think a pair of calvus can be spawned in a 50gallon tank with a tankmate or two- i.e. a Judilichromis Species such as Marlier, or transcrptitus.

I am not that good on the chronlicigal growth process, hopefully somone else will come along and help u.

Go to http://www.cichlid-forum.com

Hit profiles on the left navigating bar and scroll down on the profiles page till it says

Select By Family or Group or subfamily-I dont remmber that well.

Click Altolamprogroumous-I believe they have a profile for the Balck Calvus if i remmber correctly.

HTH

JMHO

Back
Top Bottom