altolamprologus calvus fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi so i have had 3 altolamprologus calvus (1 male and 2 females) in my tank for about 4 months now.
at the beginning one of the females stayed at the back away from the more dominate one. however know it chooses to stay out the front of the tank so whenever the more dominate one sees her she basically attacks her bitting her side. the male keeps to himself
is there anyway i can reduce the aggression between the two females?

Is she straying into the other females territory or does it happen throughout the tank? You may have to add some rock work or something to break up the line of sight and give her somewhere to escape to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's just all over the tank. There is some places for her to be out if line if sight. I can add some more rock work if need be

Ya if it's not a bonded trio try to make territories. ..I'm lucky I have a bonded pair and a bonded trio in a 75g tank....whats the tank size they are in

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They were sold to me as a breeding trio. Wasn't going to get all 3 but they lfs would only sell them all together

Bonded trio only means the male accepted the females and vice versa, not that the females accepted each other. You will likely ony get toleration between those 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom