AM Cichlids for planted Fluval Edge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozmo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any chance there is an American Cichlid or Cichlids that would do ok in a Fluval Edge?

I see people putting GBR an Bolivians in these tanks but isn't that a little tight?

Thanks in advance,
ozmo

alLexX said:
no way,no cichglids fit in there

Thanks alLexX.

It is terrible what some people and LFS do for a show and a sale.

Check out all the GBR in Edge tanks on YouTube.

Incorrect, I know they aren't what the OP asked about but you can put Shell dwelling African cichlids in a Fluval Edge.
i dont think so. a fluval edge is like 6 gallons,that seems too small

Mogurako said:
Incorrect, I know they aren't what the OP asked about but you can put Shell dwelling African cichlids in a Fluval Edge.

Ok cool. Could you point me in the direction of suitable African shell dwellers?

Thanks,
ozmo

ozmo said:
Ok cool. Could you point me in the direction of suitable African shell dwellers?

Thanks,
ozmo
-Neolamprologus' brevis
-Neolamprologus' caudopunctatus
-Neolamprologus' multifasciatus
-Neolamprologus' ocellatus ''Gold''
-Neolamprologus' sp. ''Ornatipinnis Kigoma''
Neolamprologus' speciosus
-Lepidiolamprologus hecqui Mbita
-Telmatochromis brichardi

Here's a short list that will give you some ideas.

no way,no cichglids fit in there

This really needs to stop with people just blurting out answers with NO knowledge of the subject, it's not a race to post first. People come on here looking for help and this is not happening on here lately.

Mog is right shellies would work very well in that tank.

Apistogramma resticulosa or cf. eunotus would also work if your looking for south americans.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for your advice.

Much appreciated,
ozmo

Yep, I agree that shellies would work fine in that tank. Any of those that mog suggested would work fine. I'd say 10 would be a good number, though you could start with less... give them shells, males, and females... they will breed.

This really needs to stop with people just blurting out answers with NO knowledge of the subject, it's not a race to post first. People come on here looking for help and this is not happening on here lately.

Mog is right shellies would work very well in that tank.

Apistogramma resticulosa or cf. eunotus would also work if your looking for south americans.

+1000! I couldn't have said it better myself :D

Back
Top Bottom