Am i overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha I don't follow that rule at all. I just do good regular water changes. That is a good rule for a beginner until they are comfortable caring for fish.

IMO it's not even good for a beginner. What if that beginner wants to put a 10" fish in a 10 gallon tank. According to the inch per gallon rule that is ok. Most experienced aquarist will tell you that, that rule is a joke and everyone should forget about it.

IMO it's not even good for a beginner. What if that beginner wants to put a 10" fish in a 10 gallon tank. According to the inch per gallon rule that is ok. Most experienced aquarist will tell you that, that rule is a joke and everyone should forget about it.

I agree. That should be a given as false... In any aquarium setup really! Anyone that keeps Africans will say they need to be overstocked to an extent to spread aggression BUT and this is a big but as I'm sure anyone with a few months invested or research done... They need weekly water changes and MUCH filtration! I just added a xp3 canister to go w xp4 and I'm only running 72 with hopes for bigger! Now if I can only bring myself to feed them lil buggers less I'd be golden lol!

Back
Top Bottom