Ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should be getting 0 for your Ammonia and Nitrites. How big is your tank and how much ammonia are you dosing? What is your pH? How long has the tank been cycling?

I have a hundred gallons i've had it bout six months my ph is great but i can't get my ammonia level to 0 i did one water change

How much ammonia are you dosing? What are your Nitrite and Nitrate levels? This will give some indications of how your cycle is proceeding.

Im new at this i only tested for ph ammonia so what all test should i be looking for inn i guess this is why my water is cloudy I want it clearly please help lol

There are excellent articles on fishless cycling on AA. Search for it in the Getting Started area.

First, you will need a test kit to test for Nitrites, Nitrates, and if you will be doing African Cichlids, a High pH test kit as well.

I assume you have plenty of filtration and powerheads to move at least 5 - 6 times your tank volume per hour? Fir example, A 10 gallon tank requires a filter capable of a flow rate of at least 60 gal/ hour. This will definitely affect the efficiency of your cycling (more is better).

You will also need a source of ammonia in your tank. In a fishless cycle, ACE hardware ammonia works well. There is a calculator you can use to determine how much ammonia to dose per your tank size using a syringe.

I am not at my computer so I can't add all the links. There are plenty of resources here that you can use and lots of knowledgeable members that will also help you through your fishless cycle.

-Rotorhead22

Back
Top Bottom