ammonia reader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpchin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
has anyone ever used the seachem ammonia alert? it's an inwater aquarium meter that measures only toxic ammonia nh3. just wondering if anyone has used it and does it work? thanks :)

Yes it is a nice thing to have for quick water tests because there is no waiting involved. I would get it if i were u

has anyone ever used the seachem ammonia alert? it's an inwater aquarium meter that measures only toxic ammonia nh3. just wondering if anyone has used it and does it work? thanks :)

It's gimmick sort of thing that's a waste of money IMO, in a properly cycled, properly filtered, and non-overstocked tank ammonia is non-existent, it's being converted through the nitrogen cycle. Just use a quality liquid test kit that's accurate and takes 30 seconds.

they run for about 25 bucks down here.

compared to $45 for the "Api freshwater test kit" which will do am/ni/na/ph, i'd say the little ammonia wheel thing is a WOTAM

hey thanks for the feedback. i got it. i like to just glance over and see that everything is o.k. with ammonia. i probably wouldn't have bothered, but it was only about $5.00. i will still do an api liquid test every few days but i won't have to do it everyday to know that everything is alright.

Back
Top Bottom