Amphilophus lyonsi video update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like a scared freshman on the first day of high school to that bad.. senior leaning on his dad's Monte Carlo in the parking lot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Perfect description brookster

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just another update! Started to see a personality change. Please excuse all the poop in the video. That's the wonders of NLS and a pig central. I just vacuumed and water changed Sunday night so that 3 days worth. Any way here is the pictures and a short video.

img_3200694_0_3f5b1c37c3afaca8aef77f08fbd07f48.jpg

img_3200694_1_0ad2883481e91d5516fc27ec3ad2aef2.jpg

Wait what happened to the red devil?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wait what happened to the red devil?

He's in another tank but I am going to be rehoming him by august. I'm going to be moving and need to drop down to 3 tanks.

He looks awsome Mike, can't wait until he reaches maturity!

Thanks man. Me either. I'm moving in August and I'm going to move him to a 75. I'm hoping that will be big enough for him as a permanent home. He has a little more color than the phone picks up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Must be the week of jumpers

Came home last night after being gone for 2 days to find the lyonsi on the floor dried up. Don't know how he managed to jump out because the only openings were between the filter outputs and the glass tops. Barley enough room for him to fit through. Not sure what I'm going to do now.

Oh no mike, I'm sorry man, that's aweful...

Oh no mike, I'm sorry man, that's aweful...

So sorry to hear that man :/ that really sucks

Thanks guys. It does. I had about 7mo's of watching him grow.
I probably will just take the tank down for now because I will be moving on august 15th. Then I'll decide what to do.

Well that sucks to hear! I've had more than my fair share of that unfortunately. On the bright side you'll have an empty tank which means a new fish and since your taste in cichlids has improved drastically over the years I've known you I'm sure your next one will be special too!

Well that sucks to hear! I've had more than my fair share of that unfortunately. On the bright side you'll have an empty tank which means a new fish and since your taste in cichlids has improved drastically over the years I've known you I'm sure your next one will be special too!

Thanks for the encouragement HUKIT. Funny thing is I was just about to use super Velcro on the hinged part of the glass tops because he was starting to do the same thing as the hybrid with hitting the top. But I don't think he was big enough to knock it partially open and jump that way. The Hybrid can knock the entire versa top out of place. I'm sure you know all about this though with some of the monsters you have kept.

Came home last night after being gone for 2 days to find the lyonsi on the floor dried up. Don't know how he managed to jump out because the only openings were between the filter outputs and the glass tops. Barley enough room for him to fit through. Not sure what I'm going to do now.

I lost my flowerhorn to the exact same cause on the same day. Incredible. It truly sucks is about the most elegant phrase I can find currently.

I lost my flowerhorn to the exact same cause on the same day. Incredible. It truly sucks is about the most elegant phrase I can find currently.

I think he jumped not long after I left on Friday night. He was really dry.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom