andinoacara rivulatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some color and a cool rareness factor I'd do a bocourti and stop listening to the other riff raff giving advice about ridiculous fish :cool:

Hey now, don't knock uaru!

But I would agree, go with a good sized fish with personality, and aggression usually does mean more personality

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For some color and a cool rareness factor I'd do a bocourti and stop listening to the other riff raff giving advice about ridiculous fish :cool:

Cool looking but seems impossible to find.

Not terrible, they are on GCCA a couple times a year and were just listed on Aquabid last week.

I keep forgetting to look on GCCA. I'm going to get the tank up and running this week end. Then Ill look and see what's offered on there.

Uaru are pretty dull, not a wet pet. Not kept the chocolate cichlid but considered it before. I think both would be good with Severums in a very large tank, with fairly warm water a little more on the acidic side than neutral and with very peaceful tank mates not too small to be eaten. That would be the best way to keep them.
I think good wet pets would be the ones already recommended, although I like the original idea of the Rivulatus. If you get good stock with nice colours they're a great centrepiece, just not as unusual as some of the others recommended.

Good stock seems to be hard to come by. I saw a few videos of some stunning looking Rivulatus but most didn't have the color or finage (finage is that even a word) The few that were big and colored up brought me to this question.

Yeah, I'm in the UK so it's no good advising you where to go really. I got mine from a branch of Maidenhead aquatics purely by luck. Maidenhead aquatics are not your typical chain store over here, they have some of the best stocks you can get your hands on. There are individual stores dotted around which are a bit better and certainly have rarer stock, but the ones in question are around 2 hours journey. There are other standard stores that might get one once every six months that someone has traded but it's pure luck if you manage to get one. Anyway, here's the best pics I could get of mine, they don't do him justice but show the colours. Apparently he originated from German breeders.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415264482.472294.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415264512.309572.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415264532.669564.jpg

To be fair, that meet in Chicago sounds great, but it's a 9 hour flight for me, so not likely to happen!

And the decision is ............well lets see who can guess. It is one of the suggested fish (at least its suppose to be) So which one is it?

Attachments

• Amphilophus lyonsi1.jpg
    Amphilophus lyonsi1.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 406
  • Amphilophus lyonsi2.jpg
    Amphilophus lyonsi2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 337
I got him at the bolingbrook location

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's very outgoing already and ate a couple pellets.

Congrats Mike I'm certainly a little jealous as I've always wanted some. My fish room is down due to sheer laziness but I was tempted to grab six or seven of them.

Thanks HUKIT I really appreciate all the help and info you and the others have given me.

Back
Top Bottom