angel and gouramis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willowthepoet

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm planning on starting a tank of discus and angels, but my LFS has an absolutely beautiful baby angel that I don't want to miss out on. Problem is, the only tank I have cycled is my 10 gallon tank with a small (2-3") paradise gourami and my pair of honey gouramis.

The angel is small, its body is about the size of a nickel, not counting fins. I'm going to set up another tank and have it ready by the time the angel outgrows the 10 gallon, but would it be okay for now in with the gouramis?

I personally wouldn't do it. It would put WAY too much stress on your very tiny angel since gouramis are semi-agressive

I think lyquidphyre is right about gouramis. But if your 10 g has enough places to hide may be he'll be OK. I got a tiny coy angel, the size of a dime. He was the cutest (hence, my signature!). He went in the 30 g with all the others and the big gold gourami.

He managed to survive and stay away from the gourami. Now he's the biggest fish in the tank and is absolutely gorgeous. :lilangel:

In short, you may want to try -proceed with extreme caution- and have a back up plan if it doesn't work. But this is only my own experience.

Good luck!

30 gal and 10 gal is a HUGE difference when it comes to hiding capabilities for fish.

The angel and the gourami will want to hang out in the same places.. and the gourami being bigger could bully the angel. Itty bitty angels are so fragile when you first get them, so keep that in mind with whatever decision you make

I would not put a little angel in with 4 gouramis in a ten gallon tank. When he gets older he will be able to handle it.

Back
Top Bottom