Angel and Oscar Together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amanda_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My angel has been beating up another one relentlessly. They have to be separated because he will kill the other angel. I don't have a spare tank available. Can My 4" angel (not including fins) be placed with my 5" - 6" baby oscar?

I wouldn't risk it if it were me. The oscar would nip the angelfish most likely to death. You may have to either get rid of the other angelfish or the oscar depending if you want the angelfish more than the oscar.

I can't get rid of either. I had them since they were tiny, they are my babies lol. Could I add some more angels to disperse aggression? If so, how many more should I add and could they be babies or do they have to be the same size as the current angels (4 -5")?

Adding more angels will not help. It may increase the aggression. What size tank was it again? Depending on your tank size and stock you could try some dither fish but that is dependant on tank size and inhabitants. You may have no choice but to decide whether to return or sell a fish or lose it entirely.

I would never house an oscar with an angel. The oscar will definitely nip at the angelfish and can do some major damage leading to ultimate stress or unhealable wounds. I agree with Zagz on adding more angels...would be a recipe for disaster. Large cichlids are not meant to be with angels IMO. The oscar is going to get gigantic compared to your angel in due time. By then it's for certain mortality.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation...it is always tough to give up on our "babies". That being said, the previous information is correct, there is no chance of having any peace in the tank with that combo. You will need to decide what is "best" for them.

The only other tank I have is a 10 gallon but I feel it is useless except for a hospital tank. Could I put my little monster in there alone? Is that enough room? Are they a social fish? I dont want him to be depressed but I can't let him kill my other angel.

I think you're better off leaving the two angels together and try your luck with dithers rather than separate and move one in with an oscar. That's like moving from the frying pan into the fire.

Back
Top Bottom