Angel fighting getting worse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
Need a little advise.
I have 2 angels in a 55 community that i have had for a year and a half. Originally i had 3 a marble, zebra and smokey blue. I lost the blue about a week after getting them. Well about 2 months ago I thought the 2 left were breeding and i did see eggs but nothing came of them. The fighting is getting more frequent and lasting longer. Neither one backs down it just seems to be mutual when they stop. I think I have 2 females but not sure. The eggs i saw could have come from one of the other fish. So my question is would adding a third help or could I move 1 to my 75 with the severums and heckelii's. The body size of the angels are about the same as the severums. or do I rehome one of them.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

Move one IMO, I keep angels in with my SA cichlids and have little to no issues, only between themselves lol

Thanks Freakgecko
Im just a little worried because one of my red spot severums is very aggressive for a severum. at feeding time as soon as i lift the lid he starts beating anything that comes near the top.

You can always try it, observe carefully, and make a decision based off of those observations. If it doesn't work out, rehoming the oddball angel may be your best bet, or an excuse for a new tank ;)

You can always try it, observe carefully, and make a decision based off of those observations. If it doesn't work out, rehoming the oddball angel may be your best bet, or an excuse for a new tank ;)

Haha funny you say that I was just looking at used tanks at my LFS.

Actually I'm thinking of rehomeing the angels,rainbows and SD's and wet pet the 55 for now...............maybe try my luck with an EBJD also.:hide:

Back
Top Bottom