angel fish & silver sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandy320I

Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have recently purchased a juwel trigon 190litre aquarium to which i have added two silver sharks currently 10cm long and two angel fish ( one is black and silver and the other is brown) The fish all came from the same tank when i bought them and they seem to quite happy together in their new surroundings. I wish to add more fish but really need some advice as to which ones, I would ideally like to buy two more angels. I have also read that one shouldn't buy fish that are similar in colour and also that more aggressive fish should be added at a later stage........have i made a mistake in adding the angels and sharks first ?

Personally I can't see a problem both are relativly peaceful, the angels may get a bit agro or "stroppy" but I have rarely seen one releasing any aggression on another fish plus the sharks are to quick to cop any of this anyway.
Only thing would be the difference in each fishes water requirements.
bear in mind the SS will get huge as well.

I keep two of the sharks in my african tank as cleanup crew, they pick at the sand and I find I barely have to gravel vac as it is always spotless..They have adjusted to the hard water very well and are thriving on the leftovers.
HTH

Matt.

angel fish and silver sharks

Hi Matt

Thank you very much for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom