angel:lumpy head or sign gender lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
here is a pic of an angel that i got and i was wondering if its head it just deformed or if that is a distinguishing sign of gender. the rest of the angels in that tank all have a smooth slanted nose like the one in my gallery as where this one it kind of drops down from the head. kinda hard to explain but you get the idea :)

It may be the picture but that angel does not look quite right. A hump is normal for a mature fish, but that hump looks a bit pronounced to me, and the eye a bit bulgy.

I agree with Tankgirl, it looks a bit off to me. Might just be genetics and not necessarily a sign of gender. Can you approximate the age of your angel?

it's actually my angel, I just don't have a digicam. I bought four angels, including this one, as babies, no more than three months ago. I have no idea how old they were when I bought them, body size (without fins) was smaller than a dime. I doubt they are even 6 months old by now.

Lumpy, as I have come to call this angel, seems healthy, happy and active. He eats well, swims well, and does all those other fishy things normally. His eyes don't bulge, it's just the picture. You don't actually notice anything until he turns sideways. Then he has that bump, and looks like he has no upper lip.

Thanks for your input thus far, looking forward to more :)

Back
Top Bottom