angel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i just added 4 angels to my community! so of course i have a couple questions. the specs: 55gal, temp 79.1-79.4, pH 8.0. the fish: 4 black skirt tetras all about 2-2.5", 4" common pleco, 2" albino bristlenose pleco, 2 koi angels, 2 black veil angels. the questions:
1. when measuring an angel do i include the fins, or just the body?
2. i REALLY want to end up with a mated pair of angels and am prepared to let two go if i have to. so, what are the signs that two are going to hook up? how long does it take? is it obvious?
3. is it wierd to not go out on a friday night because i want to watch my new fish?

1. when measuring an angel do i include the fins, or just the body?

Just the body. Usually coins are used to described their size from dime to half-dollar. After that, guess you just have large angels.

i REALLY want to end up with a mated pair of angels and am prepared to let two go if i have to. so, what are the signs that two are going to hook up? how long does it take? is it obvious?

Totally dependent on what their current size is. Once they get quarter size, you will see behavorial changes...a little aggression and then a pairing and ostricizing. Mine took about 7-8 months.

is it wierd to not go out on a friday night because i want to watch my new fish?

You can't be serious? People actually go out and leave their fish home alone??? LOL.

HTH.

Back
Top Bottom