Angel Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my 20 gallon high tank I have 2 angels. They are approx silver $ (the coin, not the fish) size.
This is the body size only, not the fins etc. I do not know if they are a pair. Can i safely put smaller angels in with them ? I like to buy angels nickel size, or so, with nice finage and watch them grow. Thanks for your input

Yes, u can add some small angelfishes inside as ur your tank meet the requirement. However do prepare some hiding place for them as the larger angelfish might nip on them at first. When time passes,they will be fine. Regarding angelfish sexes little has known on how to determine thier sex.

erm...IMO 29g is the bare minimum for angelfish. My dad had a pair of black and silver angels in his 29g and they looked enormous in it. He now has a single black angel which is a bit smaller but looks nice.

Personally, I think the 20 tall is the absolute smallest tank you'd want to keep a pair of angels in. I definitely wouldn't add any more.

Silver dollar sized Angels will definitely have issues with the introduction of more. I also agree that the tank would be too small for the attempt. I've had 4 angels in a 75g and once pairs were formed, the others were attacked and had to be removed.

Back
Top Bottom