Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

angel strain question

anyone got any idea on what strain this is? KaiOfCanada sold it to me as a pinoy leopard but Im having trouble finding that strain ANYWHERE. I find pinoys and I find leopards but never together.

She's an awesome fish just want to clarify what I have.

Thanks.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Veiled hybrid I think. Not a specific type as no type looks like that that I know of.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Id like to breed her again, she paired up with a smokey veil I had before the columnaris and I was hoping she would get with my last male which is a smokey and no, he decided he liked KAI's panda koi better(i hope they never spawn).

She is a very nice fish, defensive when she has to be but most the time she is very laid back.
Thanks Tim.
(you going to the gcca swap on sunday? if so table B13 is where Ill be, im gonna hit the GWA swap too on the 27th)
Old 03-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
Veiled hybrid I think. Not a specific type as no type looks like that that I know of.
Hybrid? How so? The different varieties of angels are all just P. scalare.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice fish. Just a guess, but something like pb/pb ?/? D/?.... I'm not very well versed though so it's just a guess. Pinoy definitely and I'm thinking the "leopard" may be a name attached for so much black coverage.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice fish BTW, congrats.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

She is a good fish, I think Tim meant by hybrid would be a uncommon mix. Bad choice of words I think but I got it.

Kai raised her so all that effort goes to her, she has done alot better in a 5.8Ph tank then she did in a 6.8 Ph tank, she hasnt gotten sick yet at all, eats daintily and has tried sizing up my male smokey but as I said before he is doting on the panda koi(also from Kai) but IMHO as a breeder and avid hobbist, I think the babies would be ugly as sin and im pep talking the smokey and the one in the pic into hooking up, told em id feed em all these delicious foods but so far my efforts are unfruitful. LOL
Old 03-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevil View Post
I think the babies would be ugly as sin and im pep talking the smokey and the one in the pic into hooking up, told em id feed em all these delicious foods but so far my efforts are unfruitful. LOL
You're going about it all wrong. You gotta put on some Marvin Gaye and put some water lillies in the tank.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Isaac Hayes is where its at.....bow chicka wow wow BAM.

Anyone got an issue of playfish he can borrow LOL
Old 03-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevil View Post
She is a good fish, I think Tim meant by hybrid would be a uncommon mix. Bad choice of words I think but I got it.
Yeah. I knew what I meant. It's the same as all dogs being the same animal, but some are considered specific breeds, while mixes aren't (until someone decides they are).

Tags
angel, strain

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com